to see a variety of
My Building Inspection Reports
of the Different Property
Communities ServedORANGE COUNTY
Corona Del Mar
Coto de Caza
Rancho Santa Margarita
San Juan Capistrano
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
Looking for an Inspector?
You came to the right place
I help people for a living
- First thing you need to know is Not All Inspectors Are Created Equal…
- Next Thing you need to know is regarding time… the more an Inspector knows about building components and systems, the longer it is going to take to provide the level of inspection that he is capable of giving you…
- THEN comes the report… You should recieve a detailed photo documented report designed to allow everyone involved with the transaction to fully understand the property and building…
- And Finally, Unlike most things you buy, buildings are not created on an assembly line they are built individually by human beings, and thereby none of them are built, or maintained the same… they are ALL unique…
- No two Inspectors have the same background of working experience, and /or education…
Having a construction background allows an Inspector to understand how a building is created in the beginning.
If his construction experience is limited to electrical, you can count on a good electrical inspection but the inspection of the other 41 trades that construct a building may be lacking.
Look for this on the report: "Main Water Supply Shut Off Valve", what does it say?
- Does he disclaim it and require you to ask someone else's opinion and direction?
- Does he give you his own opinion and direction?
- Are you paying for his opinions and direction?
For your protection, you need to know: Inspectors are typically trained to find a couple of defects in a system or component and then refer it all off for evaluation by "others" instead of taking the time to inspect and document everything.
If you don't have the time prior to the close of the transaction, you'll hire the "others" after you move in. You will then learn about the defects that were not documented in the inspection report, realize the problems you bought with a Cheap Inspector, and wonder what else wasn't documented.
By refering it all off, the inspection gets done quicker, allowing them to do more inspections, increase their profit and place the liability back onto you.
This is why you need to hire an Inspector that will take the time to evaluate and document the systems and components completely.
You'll notice on my reports that each part of each system and component is individually photo-documented, to let you see exactly what you're purchasing.
When it comes to education, a 2 week course, or an online course DOES NOT make a Home Inspector. Inspectors that are interested in being the best Inspector they can be, will take classes at an accredited college.
Passing an Inspection Association's test is important, but doesn't make a Home Inspector. It takes time, education, experience and desire to provide a proper inspection and effective report.
How many opportunities do you have to hire the right Inspector?
Understanding the answer to this, is why you are taking the time to research Inspectors.
If the Inspector doesn't take the time to investigate the building properly, then he won't be capable of giving you an effective photo documented report.
California Building and Professions Code, Section 7199:
"The time for commencement of a legal action for breach of duty arising from
a home inspection report shall not exceed four years from the date of the inspection."
Age… An effective Inspector needs to know about all building materials, components and systems installed during construction and what happens to them as they age, as well as typical changes made over the years and the potential negative affects on the original building.
Square Footage… Size matters, but, sometimes larger homes take less time to inspect than smaller homes… why??? CONDITIONS… Every property is unique. Size can only be a guideline for an estimated inspection time.
Location… 'Nuff said?
to read what
My Clients Say About Me
of What Some of
Clients Say About Me
Communities ServedLOS ANGELES COUNTY
La Cañada Flintridge
La Habra Heights
Palos Verdes Estates
Rancho Palos Verdes
Rolling Hills Estates
Santa Fe Springs
South El Monte